Monday, November 22, 2010

We Finally Come Clean.


Back in 2005-2006 I managed to hook up with a production company to do a 9-11 conspiracy move titled “Severe Visibility.” I was "hired" on to be the Aviation Technical Consultant, and nothing more. Well, it soon morphed into production assistant, location scout, continuity, casting assistant (No couches - Damn!), business consultant, director vs. producer referee (they fought all the time), and finally, cast as the Dulles Air Controller in the film (see the back of my head at 1:46 into the trailer). It was a cool speaking part, my film debut close-up, and was filmed in the SMO control tower and digitally blue-screened later to look like a major airport.

I have not seen the film, nor worked with the production company since. I was not given credit for anything except the part of the Dulles Controller (and they misspelled my name! Daryl???). However, the reviews it got (and film festival awards) were pretty good, though.

Would I do it again? Sure, except I would get it all in writing to be the technical consultant next time and actually get paid.

Enjoy.

No comments: