Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Twofer Tuesday, And A Salute To The "Good 'ol Days."

Flying over Chino Airport (CNO) during a Totally Jacked Up Aircraft Photos staff tour from LGB to WJF.

On the same flight, this photo is of the east end of Ontario Airport (ONT) showing the terminal at the bottom of the photo, and the United Parcel Service (UPS) ramp at the top left corner.

Looking at the ONT photo brings back a lot of memories of the "Good 'ol Days." 

Back in the day, I would show up at 10:00 PM to work the American Trans Air (ATA) daily flight (a Boeing 737-800), arriving from Honolulu (HNL) at 10:30 PM, to gate 408.  From there, the boss and I would handle all of checks and maintenance until 2:00 AM, as that was when I had to leave to go to my other job as a UPS Ramp Manager until 7:00 AM.  From there, it was back over to gate 408 to ready the ATA bird for her flight back to HNL at 7:30 AM.

Paperwork complete, I would head home, do all of my errands for the day, and be in bed by 2:00 PM so I could repeat the process.

Also, in the photo above is an airport access road on the left side of the picture.  For a time, that was my personal "Freeway" between jobs, and I loved every minute of my commute.

Ah, those were the days.

No comments: