Thursday, July 19, 2012

100,000 Views – What A Wild & Crazy Flight It Has Been.

Shot location: ATA 757, ONT 

I woke up this morning and did what I usually do – I rolled out of bed super, extra, glacial-speed slow, fired up the coffee pot, and turned on the ‘ol computer to check out the goings-on in the world.

I went through the usual stuff, emails, current events, Tour de France news (it is that time of the year), aviation news, and finally the ‘Ol Blog. And then, I saw it – 100,000 views! Wow. I had to let that sink in for a few minutes. How did Totally Jacked Up Aircraft Photos get here? And more importantly, why?

The story began in 2008 pretty much the same way all whacky, but brilliant, ventures get started – Over many beers. While musing about the difficulties of getting one’s aircraft photos published, an epiphany appeared through the fermented haze – Why was there not a place to celebrate the less than perfect, you know, “Everyman’s” aircraft photo site?

And that was pretty much it. What was initially launched as a poke in the eye to the so-called “Leading Aviation Photography” sites on the net, has morphed into tidbits of wisdom, nuances, information, innuendo (naturally), and aviation news as it gets sniffed out. And, I promise more to come, to inform, and entertain the loyal viewership. So, belt in and hang on.

I have met so many kind people all over the world, and therein lies the true success of this venture – The people. So, a giant thanks to all of the friends and contributors which have made the blog a success.

Yes, what a glorious flight it has been, so far. Remember, don’t delete. Just submit your pics and repeat.

See, while not everyone can take perfect aircraft photos, we are all capable of taking Totally Jacked Up Aircraft Photos.

With Blessings & Thanks,

Darryl Bustamante, President and CEO Totally Jacked Up Aircraft Photos.

5 comments:

Damian F said...

Congratulations mate from Australia - I just love the website - onward and upward I say! Cheers Damian F (CQ Plane Spotting Blog)

Matt Cawby said...

I enjoy reading the photo captions.

getjets said...

OH Darryl......I am so damn Proud of you!!!!!!!
you give a'Home' to those so called less than perfect, pics ....and we all "Know".....All things are "Perfect" if it has at least one "Wing" in or on it........!!!!
:)))))
and like my humble blog, just want to share...and maybe bring a smile......which is what you do....in spades....!!!!
My Thanks......
and looking forward to the next 100,000 'views'.....
YOU CAN COUNT ME IN.....

MissTWA/Friend

Damon Hynes said...

Congrats!

Istanbul Airside said...

Congratulations Darryl!